Date(s) - 04/21/2016 - 04/24/2016
New Mercies Christian Church
Dr. Gwendolyn E. Boyd, President
Alabama State University
Workshop Topics include:
• The Possibilities of Faith: I Am Willing to Take the Risk ———-
You have created your Vision Board for the year….You have made your new “I will do this, by this date” challenges…But in the back of your mind, you know your pattern… and you know that somewhere along the way, these things will not get completed, IF they even get started. Hummm….Why is this?
Or maybe you are the ‘Get it done Queen!’ You set a goal, and you accomplish it! People frequently compliment your drive, pursuit and passion! But if they only knew…in the back of your mind, you know with all of your ‘efficiency and busyness’… you still feel empty inside…unfulfilled….asking, “Okay God – now what? You have used me to help everyone else, but WHY can’t I help myself?”
Often times, when we hear the word Faith, we are encouraged to try something new and expect the impossible. Faith pumps us up to “Take that Leap” and we are willing to seek out “it’s Possibilities”… but we are blinded-sided, because no one ever told us, that having faith means you also must be WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK!
In this interactive session, we will:
• Not only discuss that 4-Letter Word (RISK), but also why people are afraid to take them
• Connect how FAITH and RISK go hand-in-hand
• Identify YOUR Possibilities of Faith (Yes! It’s time to get your faith ON PAPER)
• Build a Pentagon together, so you can visually SEE your PERSONAL RISK TAKING PATTERN
• Get techniques on how to Minimize the Risk in having Faith and Maximize its Possibilities
The goal of this session, is to not only explore the Possibilities of what you are having Faith in God for, but to leave, WILLING TO TAKE THE RISK!
• Prime Time: Trusting God to Make the Rest of Your Life, the Best of Your Life! ———-
This interactive workshop is designed to elevate the perception of seasoned women of what is still yet possible while encouraging them to reach for the potential awaiting them. Join us as we share information and inspiration to empower participants to not only survive, but to thrive, and experience the full richness life has to offer now and in the future.
Discussion topics will include:
• Forgiveness: Healing When Your Heart has been Hurt
• Finances: Living and Giving Beyond the Limitations
• Fitness: How to Get Your Grove, With a Body that won’t Move!…At least not like it use to
• Future: God’s Got You- He knows where you are, and where you are going
• Marriage: Keep the Flame Burning ———-
This workshop is not for little girls wearing grown women high heel shoes. It’s for those women who dare to take the cover girl off and take a look at themselves in the mirror, to allow God to work on them, in order to keep the flame alive in their marriage. Are you a wise woman? I Dare You To Take The Covers Off And Take A Look At Yourself In The Mirror!
• Blended Family ———-
With their unique architecture, require specific steps to successfully develop healthy, lasting relationships. This workshop will provide a psycho-educational overview of blended family architecture, effective communication styles, discipline and the stages of integration. Participants will also have an opportunity to ask questions and open discussion will be facilitated.
• Single in the City: The Struggle is Real but my Faith is Stronger #ISlay ———-
If you are a single woman who wants to live a life in love with Jesus, walking in your purpose, and thriving in your single-hood not just surviving this workshop is for you. Are you tired of family members asking you when you are going to get married? Are you tired of meeting men that you know are not in a position to lead and take care of you? Do you sometimes feel like you have to trade in your success to be in a relationship? Have you given up on men? Are there things that you want to do for God; but, you are afraid of how others will see you? Do you want to scream “Help I am a single parent and I want to date!” Are you single again after divorce or death? There is more than to being single than dating and we will journey together into the challenges and pitfalls that women face daily. Are you ready to live your life to the fullest? You don’t want to miss this time!
• Prime Time: Trusting God to Make the Rest of Your Life the Best of Your Life! (Seasoned Women) ———-
This session is designed to elevate the perception of seasoned women of what is still yet possible and enlighten them to the potential that awaits them.
• Game Changers: Unleashing Your Dreams (Young Adults) ———-
This session will provide individuals with resources to turn ideas into action enabling them to have an impact within the marketplace and community.
• Be a Stiletto in a Room Full of Flats (Young Adults)
This engaging workshop will encourage and challenge the participants stand tall and walk in the full potential of who God called them to be! Today’s Millennial Generation is facing obstacles and challenges that previous generations have never seen. The current economic climate has left many of our college graduates unable to find an open door in their desired career, and questioning their decisions. Many are asking ” so what’s next”?. In addition, we are bombarded with images on television and on social media that portray lifestyles that are outside of the will of God; yet these lifestyles are glamorized and have become the “new normal”.
In this workshop you will be inspired to:
• Stand Tall and rise above any and every situation that is thrown your way.
• Tighten the strap on your heels as you withstand the pressures of life.
• Connect and network with souls that are of a like mind in order to uplift and encourage each other.
• At all times keep it classy and sassy knowing you are “fearfully and wonderfully made by God”.
• Generations of Faith…A Panel of Titus 2 Women ———-
Come, sit, listen and learn as a panel of Sisters in Christ; mothers, grandmothers, single and married share practical advice from saving for a rainy day, raising godly children, submission 101, to building your faith and more. This panel presentation will share insight into these topics and answer your questions as well.
To help us determine the amount of space needed for each workshop, please choose the top three workshops you would most like to attend.
• Registration – February 7 thru March 20, 2016
$75 per person
All conference fees include entrance to workshops, evening session, meet and greet fun night, t-shirt, materials, continental breakfast, and conference souvenir! Please choose your t-shirt size below. (All conference registration fees are non-refundable.)
• Thursday, April 21, 2016
7:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Meet & Greet Fun Night
• Friday, April 22, 2016
5:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. Registration/Check-In
7:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m. General Session (Dr. Gwendolyn Boyd)
• Saturday, April 23, 2016
8:00 a.m. – 9:00 a.m. Continental Breakfast
9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. Workshops
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. Lunch (On your own)
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. Closing Sessions
• Sunday, April 24, 2016
8:00 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Sunday Service
10:45 a.m. – 11:00 p.m. Sunday Service
Schedule is subject to change.
Conference Host Hotel:
Sonesta Gwinnett Place
1775 Pleasant Hill Road
About Sonesta Gwinnett Place: Warm, comfortable surroundings. Easy access to the sights and sounds of Atlanta. Delicious on-site dining choices at Grapevine and Button’s. Sonesta Gwinnett Place Atlanta hotel is a wonderful option for those who want to experience the city but stay away from the crowds.
*Hotel Reservations are not included in the conference registration fee.
** Hotel Conference Rate is valid until March 24, 2016
Bookings are closed for this event.