Date(s) - 10/03/2019
5:30 am - 6:30 am
Main Sanctuary - NMCC/FLC
What Is Prayer
What is Prayer? – Talking With God
What is prayer? Prayer is our direct line with heaven. Prayer is a communication process that allows us to talk to God! He wants us to communicate with Him, like a person-to-person phone call. Smartphones and other devices have become a necessity to some people in today’s society. They are means of communication that allow two or more people to interact, discuss, and respond to one another.
To many people, prayer seems complicated, but it is simply talking to God. Here are some points about what prayer is:
What is Prayer? – The Logistics
Many people question what is prayer because they desire to pray, but don’t know how. Consider these tips:
- What Do I Say? Praying is like talking to your best friend! It’s easy to talk to someone when you know they love you unconditionally!
- Ask Jesus to forgive you of your sins and make you new in Him! “Now turn from your sins and turn to God, so you can be cleansed of your sins” (Acts 3:19).
- Tell Him your needs! “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you” (1 Peter 5:7).
- Thank Him, for He died on the cross at Calvary for us! “For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
- How Do I Say It? Here’s how I have learned to approach the Savior of my life.
- With confidence and belief that He will deliver: “Because of Christ and our faith in him, we can now come fearlessly into God’s presence, assured of his glad welcome” (Ephesians 3:12). “So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it” (Hebrews 4:16).
- With joy that He can deliver. “You have shown me the way of life, and you will give me wonderful joy in your presence” (Acts 2:28).
- With expectation that He is going to deliver. “Listen to my voice in the morning, LORD. Each morning I bring my requests to you and wait expectantly” (Psalm 5:3). “I am praying to you because I know you will answer, O God. Bend down and listen as I pray” (Psalm 17:6).
What is Prayer? – What Does the Bible Say?
Pray for each other. Jesus set an example for us on what to pray. He prayed for His disciples and for every generation to come that would follow Him. His prayer was that God protect and strengthen them as long as they were in this world. Jesus also prayed for those who would come to believe in Him through the Gospel message (John 17).
Pray with faith. “So, you see, it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that there is a God and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him” (Hebrews 11:6).
You will know with confidence that God can hear you when you pray, so open that line of communication! Pray, knowing that no matter how far you roam, your connection with Him can never be lost!
“I pray that your love for each other will overflow more and more and that you will keep on growing in your knowledge and understanding” (Philippians 1:9).
Week of Prayer: Divine Protection & Direction (Monday, September 30)
Isaiah 54:17 | Proverbs 3:5 – 6 | 1 Chronicles 28:9
We seek God for His divine protection that no weapons formed against us shall prosper in Jesus name. God, we trust you for always covering our families.
We seek God for direction in our lives to lead us into the righteousness of Christ. We desire that the Lord will order our steps in His Word. Please let us seek God to walk in holiness and to become more like Christ.
• Divine direction and intervention
Week of Prayer: Fearless Families: Married, Singles & Widows (Tuesday, October 1)
Genesis 1:26 – 28 | Isaiah 54:17
We pray for the blessings of the Lord upon our families, in Jesus name. We seek the Lord for healthy and Christ-centered families. In our land, we seek the Lord for healing and all that we need in our families. We pray that the boldness of the Holy Spirit is upon us to fulfill our God-given destiny.
• God’s will in our families daily
• God’s kingdom agenda to manifest in our land
Week of Prayer: Fearless Youth (Wednesday, October 2)
Malachi 4:6 | Isaiah 54:17 | Psalm 91:10 – 13
May the Lord turn the hearts of the fathers to the children and the hearts of the children to their fathers. Lord, send your angels that are assigned to each youth for their divine protection.
• Destroy the spirit of suicide and depression
• Walk-in their divine destiny
Week of Prayer: Salvation & Restoration (Thursday, October 3)
1 Chronicles 16:35 | Psalm 18:1 – 3
Lord, we humbly seek you for salvation that our bloodline is saved, in Jesus name. We desire that you lead us as living epistles and disciples that others might be drawn to Christ. We desire to walk in the newness of Christ and be restored, in Jesus name.
• Salvation for our unsaved family members
• Forgiveness of our sins and humility to seek God daily
• Restoration and an outpouring of the Holy Spirit
Week of Prayer: Leadership in the Church, Government & Community/Upcoming Elections (Friday, October 4)
Matthew 20:26 | Psalm 133:1 – 3
Lord, thank You for the men and women who serve our country and church in leadership roles and for their families. Please provide our leaders with reminders each day of why they decided to dedicate their lives to service, and use that commitment to encourage them. Give them peace when their work takes them away from their families. We also pray specifically for the wives, husbands, and children of our leaders. We ask that You draw near to them and give them the wisdom on how to best support one another while their loved one is away working.
• Godly leaders to seek God daily for wisdom and guidance
• Unity in all churches, government, and communities
• Release of God’s divine destiny for the church (2 Thess. 1:11 – 12)
• Holiness in the body of Christ (2 Corinthians 6:16 – 18)
• Upcoming Presidential, Congressional, and local elections
Week of Prayer: Healing & Deliverance (Saturday, October 5)
Mark 8:22 – 25 | Isaiah 53:5 | 2 Samuel 22:1 – 3
We come together in the power of agreement for healing, in Jesus name. We are believing God for miracles of supernatural healing.
Pray Focus for deliverance from:
• Depression, oppression and suicidal thoughts
• Drug and alcohol addictions
• Smoking, greed, and gluttony
• Every yoke of bondage
Week of Prayer: Financial Provision (Sunday, October 6)
Luke 21:1 – 4 | Philippians 4:19 | Matthew 6:19 – 21
God, You are Jehovah Jireh, our Provider, who leads us to obtain wealth to provide for our families. We thank you, Father God, for leading us into financial opportunities that are a blessing to our families. We thank you that you guide us as we obtain the blessings of God.
• Destroy the spirit of poverty
• Clarity and direction to seek better financial opportunities for our families
• Provision for every financial need
• Wisdom to steward the blessings of God