Full Time, Pastoral Staff, Reporting to the Senior Pastor
The Executive Director of Worship and Arts (EDWA), under the direction of the Senior Pastor, will oversee the development, planning and implementation of all worship in the ministries of New Mercies Christian Church, leading the teams that will prepare, plan, rehearse and present the musical aspects of the Worship Services on Sunday mornings, and overseeing all other worship/musical events and activities at New Mercies.
- Provide leadership to the Departments of Choir, Worship, Band, Dance, Drama, and Media.
- Provide the overall spiritual, musical and administrative leadership for the ongoing development of the worship ministries of the church.
- Develop, coordinate and administer an overall worship music development plan for the entire church that is effective and well -rounded (including, but not limited to vocal, choral, instrumental, sound, tech, visual and drama ministries).
- Effectively recruit, motivate, train, mobilize, resource, encourage and direct a diverse team of volunteers to create and implement the vision, values, and strategy of New Mercies for all aspects of the Worship ministries at New Mercies.
- Lead in coordination with the Senior Pastor, the Worship Programming Team in the planning and coordinating of all aspects of the NMCC worship services.
- Plan, schedule and ensure leadership of all Worship Service rehearsals (Sunday a.m. and all special services).
- Coordinate the platform leadership (transitions, etc.) of all services.
- Develop music ministries in other areas of the church in collaboration with individual ministry leader(s).
- Assist in the planning and implementation of seasonal and special church events and programs.
- Provide leadership for the development and oversight of worship and arts ministry and their programs
- Conduct all musical groups needed to resource the worship services (vocal groups, solos, duets, choirs, etc.).
- Lead special musical events including concerts, musical dramas, and seasonal services.
- Ensure the timely scheduling of instrumentalists and vocalists, and sound, tech, visual and drama personnel.
- Coordinate Worship Center (sound system, decorations, scheduling, and other areas).
- Oversee purchase, maintenance, repair and tuning of all church musical instruments.
- Oversee the Worship and Arts Division budgets and promotion of All Ministries in the Division.
- General ministerial Responsibilities (Teaching, Preaching, Counsel, and care) as needed.
- Attend monthly general staff meetings
- Participate fully as a member of the Senior Executive team and attend Senior Executive Meetings.
- Work collaboratively with the Executive Pastor in the implementation, monitoring, and evaluating of the programs and ministries of the Worship and Arts Division.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Senior Pastor
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Give attention to studying Biblical worship and relevant expressions of the same to aid in the growth of the New Mercies worship experience.
- Models standards and expectations of leaders within New Mercies Christian Church
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in music and seminary education desirable.
- Degree or coursework in Christian studies is preferred
- 3-5 years’ Experience in ministry or church vocational work
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word & Excel
- Experience in organizing multiple projects and events
- Highly organized; flexible
- Exemplary oral & written skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality