While the official re-opening date is yet to be determined when we do return
we will operate according to the following procedures.
- Upon entering the building, congregants will be requested to wear a mask. New Mercies will provide masks as needed.
- Congregants’ temperatures will be checked at entry doors using digital infrared thermometers. All congregants will need to enter through the main door only.
- Disinfectant sprayers will be used on all surfaces between services.
- Any person displaying symptoms of a cough, fever, chills, muscle pain, shortness of breath, sore throat, and new loss of taste or smell should remain home.
- Ushers will allow 350 members to enter the main sanctuary.
- Overflow is available in rooms 105 and 106 if requested or when the main sanctuary has reached its capacity.
- The building is consistently being sanitized and cleaned; including floors, furniture, fixtures, and other hard surfaces.
- The sanctuary has been reconfigured to provide socially distanced seating for individuals and families in the same household.
- Water fountains will not be in use, fans will not be distributed, and offering envelops will be available at the giving kiosk, tithing box, and throughout the building.
- Sanitizing stations will be strategically placed throughout the building and hand sanitizer pumps will be available in every room.
- Social distancing signage has been strategically placed throughout the building.
- The New Mercies bookstore/cafe and Student Ministries will both be closed until further notice.
- Except for Security, Media, Police Officers, Staff, and Counters, there will be no access to the second floor.
- Members will approach the sanctuary doors and will be greeted by the staff. At that time, their temperatures will be checked and access will be given to those below 99.2 F.
- Upon entering the sanctuary or any room in the building, members will be able to sit anywhere, but they must maintain 6ft distancing or four-seat spacing between individuals/households. Ushers may ask individuals to adjust their sitting if necessary.
- While entering, congregants will not be asked to stop in the hallways during times of prayer or scripture reading in order to prevent congestion and to comply with social distancing.
- Worship service will be held at 8:00 am only until further notice.
- Service length will be no longer than 75 Minutes.
- The Pastoral Staff, music, and Worship and Arts Praise Teams will maintain social distancing.
- Joining the church, prayer, and salvation will continue to be an online process.
- There will be no “pass the peace”, baptisms, baby dedication, passing of offering plates, or communion trays. Offering baskets will be placed at the exits. Communion cups will be picked up at the entrance to the Sanctuary and disposed of in baskets in the empty row in front of you.
- Members are still strongly encouraged to give digitally using one of our seven methods of giving.
- Congregants will be dismissed by sections while maintaining social distancing.
- All exits will be open and your section will be directed by the ushers to the suggested exit to use.
- Congregants are encouraged to maintain social distancing at all times including the parking lot.