Part-time position, reporting to the Executive Director of Worship and Arts, dotted line to Senior Director of Student Ministries
The Youth Director of Worship and Arts (YDW&A), will oversee the development, planning and implementation of all worship in the youth ministries of New Mercies Christian Church, leading the teams that will prepare, plan, rehearse and present the musical aspects of the Worship Services on Sunday mornings, and overseeing all other worship/musical events and activities for youth at New Mercies. The NMCC YDW&A will be responsible for planning and executing all aspects of music for the Youth Worship experience on Sunday and throughout the week.
The YDW&A will meet with the Music Director, Worship Leader and other Coordinators within Youth Worship & Arts with the guidance of the Executive Director of Worship & Arts to create a weekly worship experience that is energetic, exciting, comprehensive and spiritual. The individual will be responsible for rehearsing with the Youth Praise Team and musicians weekly to prepare for the Sunday and weekly worship experience. They will introduce new material monthly/quarterly to ensure that the musical presentation is current with the style of music that represents the culture and genre of youth.
- To oversee all aspects of the music and arts for the Youth worship experience at New Mercies Christian Church.
- To meet regularly with the Executive Director of Worship & Arts and the Senior Director of Student Ministries and create a vision for the worship experience of all youth ministry services
- To manage all personnel associated with the music and arts ministry of the New Mercies Christian Church Student Ministries.
- To work with the youth worship leader to prepare music for youth weekly worship experience.
- To engage youth in person and online worship.
- Develop and implement a strong youth worship and arts program at New Mercies Christian Church.
- Recruit, train, and develop all youth worship and arts personnel (i.e. musicians and singers).
- Responsible for youth worship Sundays in the main sanctuary.
- Responsible for engaging students in worship and the arts, (i.e. singing, dancing, mime, etc…)
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director of Worship & Arts and the Senior Director of Student
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience leading a ministry in music and in the arts; to include choir, praise team, musicians, drama, dance and mime (preferably in Youth and Young Adult Ministries)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music (preferred) or equivalent experience
- Demonstrable experience with administration within the music and arts
- Ability to interface and communicate effectively internally and externally
- Ability to build positive working and ministering relationships
- Experience in organizing multiple projects and events
- Experience developing and managing a budget
- Experience project managing music and drama productions
- Highly organized and flexible
- Exemplary oral and written skills
- Ability to multi-task effectively
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to attend required meetings
- Effective time management skills
- Experience and/or capable and willingness to work with Youth
- Ability to play piano/keyboard and teach music and vocalists with harmony proficiently
- Ability to create music tracks through digital software (desired)
- Teachable and/or capacity to learn new ways to do ministry that is relevant and doctrinally sound for youth
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word & Excel
- Must be able to pass a background check to work with children and youth
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth