Why do we baptize?
”Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection.” Romans 6:3-5 (NKJV)
We baptize in accordance to the Word of God, which tells us all Christians who have given their lives to the Lord Jesus Christ are expected to take part in this ordinance of conversion. It is a sign of surrendering, dying, and rising up with Christ. It is for those who believe and are willing to serve and walk with the Lord Jesus. It is for Christians who have faith and have repented of their old ways.
When is Baptism?
Baptism is on the second (2nd) Sunday of each month. It is held in between services at approximately 10:00AM. Prior to the Baptism, there is a Baptism Class which each candidate is required to attend. The class is held on the first (1st) Saturday of each month from 9:00AM – 11:00AM.
Things to know before Baptism
- Invite your family and friends to join us at this very special service. It will be an exciting time and one that you will cherish for years to come.
- Towels will be provided for you.
- A baptismal robe will be provided. You will need to bring white or light colored shorts and a t-shirt to wear underneath the robe.
- Bring a change of clothing to wear after you have been baptized and a plastic bag for your wet clothes.
- Plan to arrive for the service 30 minutes before your scheduled baptism time. This will give you plenty of time for changing clothes, receiving instructions and taking pictures.
- The baptismal room is located at the front of the Worship Center behind the pulpit.