Full Time, Pastoral Staff, Reporting to the Executive Pastor
The Executive Director of Ministries (EDM), under the direction of the Executive Pastor, will provide leadership to Departments of Discipleship; be responsible to develop reproducing leaders according to their spiritual gifts to meet the needs of the congregation. The position is responsible for ensuring each ministry has a winnable strategy, clear goals, is identifying and solving problems, and achieves its purpose.
- Provide leadership to the Women’s Ministries Department, Men’s Ministries Department, Student Ministries Department, Christian Education Department, Young Adult Ministry, Assimilation Ministry, Guest Services Ministry, and Parking Lot Ministry
- Implement church policies and procedures under the direction of the Executive Pastor
- Provide leadership for the development and oversight for ministry and their programs
- Assist the church’s ministries in developing ministry plans that provide for achieving the immediate, near-term and longer-term goals and objectives.
- Develop and recommend strategies for ministry growth and program development.
- Through the various discipleship ministries ensure the development of environments that build a community outside of church services and corporate bible studies
- Oversee the assimilation process of new members into the life of the church from new members, orientation, to mission community.
- Be responsible for the development of adult servant leaders who serve, according to their spiritual gifts, in the various divisions of New Mercies.
- Oversee a comprehensive ministry of fellowship and discipleship for all church members and regular attendees
- Oversee the development of existing and new developed ministry programs and evaluate their effectiveness
- Oversee the Ministry Division budgets and promotion of All Ministries in the Division
- Work collaboratively with other departments in the furtherance of the vision and mission of the church
- Develop and Maintain discipleship training for Elders, Ministers, and Deacons
- General Ministerial Responsibilities (Teaching, Preaching, Counsel, and care) as needed
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Executive Pastor and Senior Pastor
- Professes Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.
- Commitment to personal spiritual growth
- Models standards and expectations of leaders within New Mercies Christian Church
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Div., or above is preferred)
- Strong interpersonal skills—ability to communicate persuasively and compassionately, both orally and in writing.
- Degree or coursework in Christian studies if preferred
- 3-5 years’ Experience in ministry or church vocational work
- Proficiency in MS Outlook, Word & Excel
- Experience in organizing multiple projects and events
- Highly organized; flexible
- Exemplary oral & written skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain confidentiality